At Polaris, we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we strictly adhere to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and will compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into force on the 25th May 2018.
GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
For further information on these rights you can contact the ICO via one of the options on their website https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
How we collect and use information we receive from you
When you contact us via our website, we ask you to provide:
First and last name
Please note that we may also use the information you provide to us for the following purposes:
• to monitor website usage and provide statistics for the purposes of improving and developing our website and the services we provide via our website. Please note that any such statistics and/or information will be made on a confidential basis and will not include information that can be used to identify any individual;
• to support, improve and develop our business in general;
• to contact you for your views on our website, our services and our business in general; and/or
If you would prefer not to receive any of the above-mentioned information (or if you only want to receive certain information) from us please let us know by emailing us via our website. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.
We will retain your information for as long as your information is needed to provide you services, or as required to fulfil our legal obligations. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us via our website. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How safe is your information?
Protecting your security and privacy is extremely important to us and we make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. Our website is protected by various levels of security technology, which are designed to protect your information from any unauthorised or unlawful access, processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Please note that we may need to disclose your personal information where we:
• are under a legal duty to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or
• need to disclose it to protect our rights, property or safety of our customers or others, including the exchange of information with other companies, organisations and/or governmental bodies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If any of the information you provide to us changes, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary changes to the information we hold for you on our database so that your records are accurate and up to date.
If you wish to makes changes to, or see the information we hold on you, please let us know by emailing us via our website. We will respond to your request within 30 days of the date we received your request.
For whatever reason, should you wish to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s office, as is your right, you can do by contacting the ICO directly via one of the options on their website https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/